The 2014 Innovation Awards reception will be held
on Sunday, June 1st, 2014, in Nice, France.
This date coincides with the TM Forum Live (formerly Management World) event, so make your travel plans now. Check back often to stay up-to-date on venue details and other breaking news about the event, as new information becomes available.
This is your chance to be recognized as a prominent industry innovator by key executives from top service providers, influential industry analysts and the editors of the world’s leading communications and entertainment technology (COMET) magazine.
Pipeline’s 2014 Innovation Awards program offers extensive opportunities for promotion and visibility, multiple levels of recognition, and ten categories to choose from - which means contestants have even more chances to win.
Technology Provider Nominees:
Active Video Networks
Device Cloud Networks (DCN)
Hitachi Data Systems
IBM Services Innovation Lab
Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN)
The Video Point
Tom Sawyer Software
Service Provider Nominees:
British Telecom (BT)
Deutsche Telecom (DT)
2014 Judging Panel
Each year, Pipeline’s Innovation Awards are judged by an esteemed panel of key executives from top service providers and influential analysts from Pipeline Industry Advisory Board. The 2014 judge’s companies are listed below*. The judge’s identities are held in confidence until the awards reception to avoid any possibility of influence that may occur prior to the selection of a winner.
* Subject to change.
2014 Innovation Award Categories
Nominations are now open for the following categories ten categories. Don’t miss your change to nominate your company, partners, or customers. The more categories you enter the more changes you have win the coveted COMET Award as competition for each category tends to vary.
This year’s Innovation Awards categories are:
Recognizing the most innovative provider of communications and entertainment services. This category is reserved exclusively for service provider companies
of the Year
Recognizing the most innovative provider of communications and entertainment technology (COMET) solutions
of the Year
Recognizing the most innovative new product, release or feature in a current or planned operational or business support system product
Recognizing network innovation and advancements in fixed, mobile, cable, undersea, and extraterrestrial network technologies, including innovation that address network management, speed, security, capacity, coverage, reliability, and more
Innovation in Customer Experience Management
Recognizing an innovation that improves the end-customer experience
Recognizing innovation in the collection, storage, management, and analysis of Big Data
Big Data & Analytics
Recognizing an innovation in cloud-enabling or other network virtualization technology. This includes virtualization technologies like SDN and NFV and hosted, managed and as-a-service portals and solutions
Cloud & Virtualization
Recognizes an innovation that protects service providers operations, revenues, and business from error, fraud, and malicious attack.
Security & Assurance
Recognizing those that develop and leverage the latest in new and emerging technologies
(included at no additional cost with each nomination) One contestant from all of the categories will be selected by Pipeline as the company that best embodies innovation.
What Contestants Receive
- Exposure to Pipeline editors, key executives from top service providers and influential industry analysts.
- Coverage and visibility in Innovation Awards promotional materials via social media and search-engine-optimized web content, public relations and direct and on-site marketing.
- Multiple chances to win and be recognized by competing in your choice of up to 10 categories to improve odds of winning or achieving one of multiple placements per category.
- Recognition and coverage of winners at Management World 2014 and in two Pipeline’s editorial features appearing in the annual Support Systems and Innovation issues and related newsletters.
- Recognition is provided to all nominees who receive the right to use Pipeline’s Innovation Awards Nominee logo in all marketing materials upon acceptance of official nomination form.
- NEW! This year, all those that make it past the nominee level but do not make it to finalist will have the right to use the Innovation Awards Semi-finalist logo in all marketing materials.
- All finalists receive the right to use the Innovation Awards Finalist logo in all marketing materials upon notification of selection as a finalist.
- Each winner (and its customers or partners, if applicable) receives the right to use the official Innovation Awards Winner logo in all marketing materials.
- NEW! One (1) Complimentary Ticket to the Gala Reception will be provided to all nominees. (Additional tickets are available for purchase, as are tickets for the general public.)
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to the Gala Reception will be provided to all finalists.
- On-site visibility to those attending the Gala Reception via signage at the exclusive Innovation Awards reception promoting the finalists in each category.
- The one of a kind, coveted art-glass COMET trophy is given to the winner of each category (Additional trophies and shipping are available for an additional fee).
- An elegant art-glass trophy will be provided to the runner-up in each category (Additional trophies and shipping are available for an additional fee).
Official Submission Process and Rules
- Companies can nominate themselves, their customers, vendors, or partners at any time prior to the submission deadline. Companies may also be nominated by Pipeline.
- To nominate a company, the nomination form and process must be completed online, here: www.pipelinepub.com/info/2014/innovation_awards_submit.php
- All applicable fees must be received before any nomination can be approved.
- The entrance fee includes the Editor’s Choice award category at no additional cost, while further categories may be added for a nominal fee. However, the entrance fee for Pipeline nominees includes Editor’s Choice plus the category in which they are nominated by Pipeline.
- The deadline for Pipeline Nominations is April 1st. Official nomination forms are encouraged to be received as soon as possible to provide ample opportunity to receive and complete the submission packages before the submission deadline. All applicable fees must be received with the nomination form and any contestant whose fees are not received by April 1st may be subject to disqualification unless an extension is requested and granted.
- All other nominations must be received prior to the submission deadline. Official nomination forms are encouraged to be received as soon as possible to provide ample opportunity to receive and complete the submission packages before the submission deadline. All applicable fees must be received with the nomination form and any contestant whose fees are not received by the submission deadline may be subject to disqualification unless an extension is requested and granted.
- Submission questionnaires for each category will be sent to contestants the week following the receipt, review, and approval of their official nomination forms and receipt of the applicable fees.
- The deadline for completed submission questionnaires is April 18th. Submission packages must be received from contestant for each of the categories in which they are nominated by the submission deadline or they risk disqualification for each category for which a submission package was not received if an extension was not previously granted.
- The winner of the Most Innovative Technology Provider will be awarded a prize worth approximately $50,000 USD comprised of advertising services in Pipeline magazine. There is no cash value for this prize and it cannot be exchanged for any other service or transferred to any other person or entity. The prize must be used within one calendar year from the date of winning the award or it will be forfeited, including any unused portion of the prize that has not been used within one calendar year of winning the prize.
- The official Innovation Award Nominee logos will be sent to contestants once their official nomination forms have been received and approved by Pipeline.
- Semi-finalists will be announced on or around April 25th and they will receive their semi-finalist logos the week following the announcement.
- Finalists will be announced on or around May 9th and they will receive their finalist logos the week following the announcement.
- Winners will be announced at the Innovation Awards Gala Reception, in Nice, France, on June 1st, 2014 at Le Negresco in conjunction with the TM Forum Live event (formerly Management World) and they will receive their logos the following week.
- RSVPs for the awards reception must be received by May 1. All contestants, judges and sponsors receive a number of free tickets to the event but must complete the RSVP form online at: www.pipelinepub.com/info/2014/innovation_awards_rsvp.php. Additional tickets are available for purchase.
- Pipeline reserves the right to cancel or merge categories based on a lack of participation, i.e., three (3) or fewer contestants. Any contestants in the affected categories will be given the opportunity to move into another category at that time. Pipeline also reserves the right to change any and all deadline and submission dates at their discretion.
- Once nomination forms have been submitted, contestants are prohibited from dropping or changing their selected categories unless a category is removed by Pipeline.
- Pipeline reserves the right to add new categories if established ones have more than five (5) contestants. New categories will group similar contestants into a new category related to their similarity.
- Contestants can add additional categories to their nomination at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- Supporting material such as demonstrations, case studies, presentations, white papers, videos, and industry recognition can be included with submission packages and is encouraged.
- Submissions that include customer examples and references will be weighted more favorably.
- All submissions and supporting material will be considered confidential and made known only to those involved in the submission, evaluation and selection processes. Submissions may be redacted at the request of the submitter prior to being submitted to the Judge’s Panel provided that the request is included in the submission forms and the information to be redacted is noted as such throughout.
- Each category is eligible to have one winner and one runner-up selected from the finalists of each respective category. Only service providers are able to compete in the Most Innovative Service Provider category.
- The esteemed Judging Pane is comprised of key executives from top service providers from around the world, influential industry analysts and Pipeline editors. During the evaluation period any member of the panel may reach out to contestants for interviews, demonstrations or site visits or to gather additional information.
- All category submissions will be provided to the Judges Panel for voting, with the exception of Editor’s Choice and Most Innovative Service Provider. The Most Innovative Service provider will be voted on by an analyst subgroup of the Judging Panel and the Editor’s Choice category will be voted on exclusively by Pipeline.
- Editorial coverage of the awards program and event will be provided in Pipeline’s Support Systems and Innovation issues.